Wednesday, November 15, 2017

REFRESHING



"Good news from far away is like cold water to the thirsty."
Proverbs 25:25 [NLT]

re·fresh·ing
rəˈfreSHiNG/
  1. - serving to refresh or reinvigorate someone.


  2.      - welcome or stimulating because new or different.

Recently, I received a timely message from someone that I have not talked to in years.

Have you every received a timely message?

It's like the Bible verse above.  When they come, it's like a glass of cold water to the thirsty.

That is how I felt leading up to the note.

Dry.

Thirsty.

Ever been there?

The note came from someone the CHEERLEADER and I had the opportunity to speak into their lives those many years ago.

Years ago, THEY were the ones going through a "thirsty" period in their lives and we just so happened to be the "COLD WATER" for them.

They said some very complimentary things, but this one part really stood out to me:

"We grew a lot under your leadership and honestly, learned as much by watching how the two of you lived your lives as we did from listening to you."

Wow....I just drank it in!

Maybe you need a "drink of cold water?"  

I think that the best way to get a "drink of cold water" is to give a "drink of cold water."

Here's my challenge to you:  Find someone and be a "cold water" dispenser.


No comments:

Post a Comment