Sunday, November 26, 2017

RIGGIN UP THE LIGHTS



Today is the day that the CHEERLEADER looks forward to all year.....the day we decorate, inside and out, for CHRISTMAS!

This is her FAV-O-RITE season.  

I remember her commenting on June 25th that it was 6 months to CHRISTMAS (and about every month on the 25th since!).

When it's all said and done, we'll have 5 trees up IN our house.  Yep, you read that correctly, FIVE!

Actually, if you can't the little desk tree I have in my home office, that's 6!

We have our roles:

  • She's all things inside
  • I am outside

I was fortunate today when putting up the outside lights....it was 60 degrees!

I don't always time it out this good.  

I remember last year...maybe the year before, when we had GREAT weather in mid November and I decided NOT to get the lights up....whoops....by the time I got around to it, it was like it's suppose to be in November in Nebraska....COLD!

Not this year.  NICE WEATHER to get into RIGGIN UP THE LIGHTS!

So for the next month and then some, we'll have the decorations up and the CHRISTMAS lights on at Casa de Peterson.

For me, it's all a reminder to what the season is all about.  

The LIGHT of the World came to dispel the darkness.

Over the next weeks, leading up to CHRISTMAS, we'll talk more about that LIGHT and how it is still shining brightly today and how we can all be RIGGING UP THE LIGHT in our own lives.

Oh, one more thing, if you run into me ringing the Salvation Army Bell (the CHEERLEADER and I have a couple of dates scheduled) or shopping...or really anywhere out in public...for the next month, you'll hear me say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment