Wednesday, November 8, 2017

GOODBYE 3.0


Today we say GOODBYE to BEST YEAR YET 3.0.

Day 365, November 8, 2017.

The CHEERLEADER and I were discussing ALL that took place over the past 365 days.

November 9, 2016 - BEST YEAR YET 3.0 begins with my 51st birthday.  I was so glad to finish BYY 2.0 and ALL that happened.  I would not want to go back and relive 2.0....but I wouldn’t trade the experiences we went through....because it all helps to shape how we live moving forward.

December 2016 - I was able to finish off my goal of 4 Marathons but running the St. Jude Memphis Marathon.  It was a GREAT way to finish off the year and say goodbye to 2016.

January 2017 - New (calendar) Year that the CHEERLEADER and I celebrated in our favorite place....watching the ball drop in NYC from our living room!  We looked back and then forward and said...SO MUCH PROMISE in front of us.

February 2017 - We took a week and went to Mexico.  We officially dubbed the trip our “Kicking Cancer’s Butt Tour.”  It was a GREAT trip and one we will remember for a lifetime.  Also, marathon training season kicked off.

March 2017 - Our son Caleb turned 26....and we wished we were still in Mexico.

April 2017 - Our youngest son Luke finished his Junior year in College and came home for the summer.  Marathon training was ramping up!

May 2017 - Ran the Lincoln Marathon in early May.  Had moments of deep thought as it was a year earlier that I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  It’s good to be alive.

June 2017 - The annual “Dad and Sons” College World Series Games.  We weren’t able to go together...at the same time, but I was able to get tickets to take each of them to a game.  Also, our daughter-in-love was able to get tickets for one game that the CHEERLEADER and another son was able to go to! Also, our son Luke turned 22...where did the time go?

July 2017 - Our oldest son and daughter-in-love celebrated their first anniversary as The CHEERLEADER and I celebrated our 31st Anniversary with our annual visit to a great steak house in Omaha!  Marathon training for round 2 of the year starts!

August 2017 - CANCER FREE 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

September 2017 - Our oldest Josh turned 29....WHAT?  College football season started and we made a trip out to Oregon to watch the Husker vs. the Ducks.  It didn’t turn out like we would have liked it, be we had a GREAT time with our Oregon friend Rhino!

October 2017 - Finished marathon #2 for the year by running the Nebraska Marathon in Omaha.  

November 2017 - Here we are!  We are taking out 3.0 with a BANG!  I found out on November 1st (as I have written here) that I was selected, along with 10 others, to represent St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as a St. Jude Hero running the next Boston Marathon.  This is by far a “LIVE LIST” race for me and I look forward to preparing to run this iconic race.  Also, the CHEERLEADER and I made a return trip to Mexico to say goodbye to BYY 3.0 with my sis and her husband.  

As you can see, many things happened during BYY 3.0.  Some things I left out that those close know and know that we are always here for them and they for us!

So, GOODBYE 3.0....you were memorable.

Eyes ahead and we step across the line to what is next....so much promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment