Sunday, April 30, 2017

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT


So, I open up facebook this morning and first thing on my timeline is the "On This Day" listing.  

I like looking at these and seeing what was on my mind this day a year ago, two years ago, etc.

ON THIS DAY in 2016, one year ago today, it was the day before the LINCOLN MARATHON and HALF MARATHON and my posts were about running this marathon and also talking about ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL and my running as a St. Jude Hero.  The Lincoln Marathon wasn't an "official" race I was raising money for, but I was, at the time, raising money for St. Jude's for the upcoming Chicago Marathon later in the year.

The words in today's picture are a grouping of my most used/posted words on facebook in 2016.  The "ON THIS DAY"....as well as this graphic...got me thinking about the WORDS I use....the WORDS you use.

This graphic has 55 different groupings of words.  Some single words like, CANCER, HOSPITAL, RUNNING, FULL, HEROES, GIVE, GOAL, TODAY, etc....and some grouped words like, ST. JUDE, TEAMPETERSON, MYJOURNEY, ITSGOODTOBEALIVE, INSPIRED2INSPIRE.

All of these words...all 55 groupings...tell a slice of the story.  All apart of MY JOURNEY.

What WORDS tell the SLICE OF YOUR STORY?

A few weeks ago, I asked 9 different people (some family...some friends) to describe me in three words.  I wanted to see how I was LIVING in front of others.  WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT.....what did my ACTIONS say about me to others?  The consistent words were:

  • Passionate
  • Compassionate
  • Courageous
  • Motivated/Motivator
  • Observant....one other said something that meant the same, but I loved the word, Cognizant
  • Persevivor - I loved this made up word - "one who survives with perseverance!"
As I read these 27 different, yet similar, words, I saw how I strive to live my life in my BEST YEAR YET..no matter what version I am on....is noticeable to others.

If you have been reading these posts over the past 90+ days, I'm sure you can "hear" these WORDS too.

What about you?  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  What describes you?  

Remember, your ACTIONS are you WORDS to those around you. 

MAKE.EACH.WORD.COUNT!

Drop me ONE WORD that describes YOU in the comments on this post or in whatever social platform you are reading this from.  Let's see what makes up this TRIBE.



No comments:

Post a Comment