Wednesday, April 12, 2017

WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE?



"We are our choices." J.P. Sartre

CHOICES.

We are faced with them everyday.

What to wear?  

What to eat?  

Where to go?  

What to spend? 

What to believe?

Life is a matter of choices....and EVERY choice you make, makes you!  We need to do our best to make the right ones....and ALWAYS do our best to learn from the wrong ones!

I heard a quote that said, "Sometimes I Win....Sometimes I Learn!"  Every choice we make, when we "OWN" it, will put us in one of those two categories....and it's what we do it that counts.

Today's post is due to tragedy.  Tragedy brought on because of CHOICES.  

Even in our BEST YEAR YET, we can come right up on tragedy....sometimes our own, and at other times, in someone else's life.  Today, it was someone else's choice(s) that led us here.

What did we learn...what did I learn?  I can only control what I can control.  I know that sounds like a "cop out" statement...but it is not a "cop out" statement and it is true.  I can control how I interact with others; how I treat them; encourage and inspire them; not give up on them.  There is SO much I can control.....but I can't control the other person...their thoughts...their actions and how they will react.

CHOICES.

In the Bible, Deuteronomy 30:19 [NLT] says:
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life....."

Notice that, "....the CHOICE YOU MAKE."  

What will you CHOOSE? 

YOU decide.  Know this, your choice COULD mean your destiny.






No comments:

Post a Comment