Sunday, April 9, 2017

A TRADITION UNLIKE ANY OTHER

Earlier today the Masters Golf Tournament concluded.  It had to go to a "Sudden Death" one hole playoff (congrats to Sergio Garcia!).  

This is, by far, my favorite golf tournament.  I like all the majors....but, I.LOVE.THE.MASTERS!

WHY?

TRADITION!

The people who go to watch aren't spectators, fans, etc, they are PATRONS.  There are no phones allowed within the grounds (although I did see a picture of the 18th hole, in regulation, where Sergio missed his put and there was a "patron" who had his phone out and was either taking a pic or recording the moment), you can get a Pimento Cheese or Egg Salad Sandwich....and on and on it goes.

TRADITIONS!

We all have TRADITIONS.  It could be what you do with your family over the holidays; maybe it's how you celebrate birthdays or other special dates in your life.  It could be how you spend your weekends; going to church; and a whole host of other activities.

Are all TRADITIONS good?  As definition #3 above says, "an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior."  Based on that definition, there are or were many things, in my past, I don't want to pass down from generation to generation (definition #2).

What do I want to pass down?

  • My love for God
  • Love for my family
  • Compassion
  • Character
  • Determination
  • Inspiration
  • Humor (I'm sure that's debatable!)
  • Friendship
  • Reliability
    • ....just to name a few.
If your "traditions" fall into the not so good category, guess what?  TODAY is DAY 1 of the rest of your life and you can make it DAY 1 of the BEST OF YOUR LIFE!

Let's all strive to have TRADITIONS UNLIKE ANY OTHERS, in our BEST YEAR YET, that we can be pleased to pass down as a legacy to those who look to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment