Monday, April 3, 2017

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?


Everyone has one.  

For her birthday this year, I got the Cheerleader the  Ancestry DNA test.  We love watching the PBS program, FINDING YOUR ROOTS w/ Henry Louis Gates, Jr.  So when it was time for her birthday, I knew this was something she would LOVE....and I was right!

She found out a bunch of interesting things about "where" her "TRIBE" is from.  

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

In February, we took at trip to Mexico.  We loved talking to the staff at the place we stayed and finding out about their story.  One such person stood out to me the most...Abelardo.  

Abelardo was filling our water one night at dinner and we struck up a conversation and asked if Puerto Vallarta was where he was from?  He told us no, but he's lived here for a few years.  He went on to tell us of all his travels around the world.  Of all the places, he still had a love for his country and place where, as he described, showed a "symphony of colors" in the land, vegetation, people, etc.  His zeal for life and vivid descriptions had me "there."

Maybe your story....your BEST YEAR YET journey, doesn't include world travel or finding out that you are "45% something you didn't even know what" in your family tree.  Maybe yours is one of tragedy or maybe it just hasn't got off the ground yet.  Whatever it is, IT'S YOUR STORY!  Embrace it.  

You can't change the start....BUT you can have a HUGE effect on it from this moment forward.  "THEY" say, "today is the FIRST day of the rest of your life," what are you going to do to live life by YOUR design and not by default?

The story of your life.

Everyone has one.  What's yours?


Final note:  Today ends my 21 days of posting "My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today" items. It's been fun, challenging, thought provoking, etc., to do this exercise everyday.  We all have SO MUCH to be thankful/grateful for.  I believe I'll keep it up...I just won't post it everyday moving forward...but I will drop them in here from time to time.  I hope you have enjoyed them and maybe even started your own Positive Habit of daily GRATITUDE.  


My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • Sunshine (haven't seen it for days...still grateful for it!)
  • Sleep
  • Air travel

No comments:

Post a Comment