Thursday, April 27, 2017

WHAT'S NEXT


So, here I was, the day AFTER my first full marathon (April 27, 2014).  I have found that AFTER I hit a target...AFTER I achieve a GOAL, if I'm not careful, I can have almost a feeling of "let down"...like the day after Christmas or the day after your birthday.  I have trained for so long and now, it's over.

WHAT'S NEXT?

This is a question that I NOW ask myself after I complete a GOAL.  

After I complete a goal (mine usually revolve around running), here's what I do (you can do this VERY same thing when it comes to ANY goal you have; business/professional or personal):

  • REFLECT and CELEBRATE
    • Take time and celebrate what you have just done
    • Look back at where you started and where you are no
  • I SET A NEW TARGET/GOAL
    • I want to have something NEW in front of me to go after
    • This helps to keep me focused
So I decided I would next run the Omaha Marathon set for September of 2014.  The training for this one had it's own set of challenges that I'll get into in future posts.  But for now, I was a marathoner....I had the medal to prove it and no one could ever take that away from me.  

All of this was leading to beginning of my BEST YEAR YET.

QUESTION FOR YOU:  What do you do after you reach a goal?  Do you regroup and go after something else, or do you have a "I did it so now I'm done" mentality?

If you are reading this, drop me a note either in the comments below or respond to whatever social media platform you are reading this from.  Let's see how others deal with WHAT'S NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment