Saturday, April 22, 2017

TOE THE LINE


Tomorrow, Sunday, April 23rd, the London Marathon is happening.  I have a few friends that are running this ABBOTT WORLD MARATHON MAJOR.  There are Six Marathon Majors (Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, New York City) in the series, and I have run two of the six (New York City and Chicago) so far.  GOOD LUCK to all of the ABBOTT WORLD MARATHON MAJORS AMBASSADORS running London tomorrow!

When one of these Marathon Majors comes up, I usually know someone running in it. Each time, I think about all the miles of training that has taken place; the early morning runs; the running in rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.  But all of this leads up to "race day."  For everyone running, it is now time to TOE THE LINE

What does it mean to TOE THE LINE?  It means to "be poised at the start of a footrace." To me, that means:  JUST SHOW UP and do what you have set out to do.  To do what you have been training for so long, in the face of challenges, to do.

I realize that "life" sometimes takes different turns you weren't expecting.  The question I will ask you is this: Will you just sit there and take it?  Or, will you NOT let the situation or circumstance dictate to you what it will be like for you?

Your situation could be health related; it could be work related; it could be a relationship issue; it could be a financial crisis; it is how you deal with it that will determine your outlook.

To TOE THE LINE is to look at "life's happenings" and to learn/grow from each moment. I have personal experience in this area...you might too.  Speaking for me, I'm choosing to be the VICTOR and not the victim.  

"You don't know what I've been through, Tim."  You are correct, I don't know....and you don't know everything I've been through.  But one thing I can tell you is this, YOU CAN FIGHT OR YOU CAN FOLD....the choice is yours. 

IF you want it, you can go get it.  It might not happen in the time that you thought it should....but if you don't quit, IT.WILL.HAPPEN!!  Wouldn't you like to be the "COMEBACK STORY OF THE YEAR, in this BEST YEAR YET? 

So, TOE THE LINE and let's get this RACE started.  What do you say?




No comments:

Post a Comment