Monday, April 24, 2017

SPECTATOR OR PARTICIPANT




"In life, be a participant, not a spectator."  Lou Holtz

Tagging on to our discussion from yesterday to LIVE LOUD, I want to continue to explore what that means.

We all have choices.

Where to live?

What to drive?

Single or married?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

And the list, like the choices themselves, goes on and on.

What about life?  Your LIFE?  What will YOU choose?

In the Bible, Deuteronomy 30:19 says, "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses.  Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make.  Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might LIVE!"

"...so that you and your descendants might LIVE."  This LIFE we have been given....we are encouraged...almost being pleaded with to choose to LIVE our life.

Yesterday, we explored people that I know who LIVE LOUD.  They make choices to not sit it out....to not just spectate, but to get into the GAME OF LIFE and PARTICIPATE.

A friend of mine, a number of years ago, as I was beginning the journey to regain my health, told me, "Tim, you can have results or excuses, just not both!"  That one sentence made a MAJOR impact on me.  I had excuse after excuse for why I couldn't _________(fill in the blank).  At that time, I needed to expand my sights...my vision for not what life what, but what LIFE COULD BE!  Since then, I have thought about that over and over again.  

MY choice.  What will I choose?

RESULTS = PARTICIPANTS
EXCUSES = SPECTATORS

Author and Leadership Expert, John C. Maxwell is quoted saying, "Sometimes you WIN and sometimes you LEARN!"  I would add, to WIN or LEARN, you have to be in the GAME!

Over the next few weeks, I'll be weaving in stories of choices I dealt with a year ago...choices to LIVE LIFE, not as a SPECTATOR but as a PARTICIPANT.  Choices where, at times I WON and some where I LEARNED.  In my BEST YEAR YET 2.0, it wasn't always awesome, but, I believe, what I have to share, can help to shape YOUR BEST YEAR YET!

Now....get out and PLAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment