Saturday, April 15, 2017

FIRST 5K



The Cheerleader did it!  She ran her first 5K today.  She got a chance to ring the PR (Personal Record) Bell too!  35:29 official!

One of my Abbott World Marathon Majors Ambassador friend sent her a message this past week saying something about that this would be the first of many.  Today, following the race, the same person said, "Welcome to the Insanity of running!"  Another friend told her, "The prelude to a marathon."  Not quite sure on that one.

I ran the 5k with my sweet Cheerleader...being her pacer AND cheerleader for this one (no cowbell though!).  

I started running in the fall of 2012.  My first race was a 5K too.  If you know my story, I have progressed to running marathons....multiple marathons to date.  I have a couple of crazy run related goals:  Run a marathon in all 50 states (currently I have 5 state in 7 marathon) AND run the 6 Abbott World Marathon Majors (Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, and New York City), currently I have 2 done (Chicago and New York City).  The Cheerleader is just that....SHE'S.MY.GREATEST.SUPPORT.....SHE'S.MY.BIGGEST.CHEERLEADER!  It was only natural for me to flip the script on her first running adventure.

Honestly...I'm surprised she agreed to do it.  The Cheerleader has never been a runner. More importantly, she has a "bionic" hip (got the "new" one 6 years ago).  A while back, she threw down a "verbal" that she would run a 5K, and it was on!  We (me) choose the Omahalf Marathon (5K, 10 mile, and Half Marathon), put on by the race directors of the Nebraska Marathon.  The time of year was good and it gave her time to do some training before this event.  



BEST YEAR YET's are filled with little (or MONUMENTAL) steps or achievements.  It is so fun to challenge yourself to do something, even if it for a "one and only" one time thing.
Sure would be a bummer to have regret about not doing a 5K, or taking that cooking or photography class, or starting your own non-profit or foundation, when you had the chance (this list could go on and on). 



What do you think is "impossible" to do (most of the time, the "impossibility" ONLY exists in your mind)?  Have other's told you "you can't do that!"?  I'm here to tell you today, YOU.CAN.DO.IT!  I believe one of my gifts to you is to encourage you!  Hey, even if you just look at me and the Cheerleader and say, "If they can do it, so can I!"  That would INSPIRE me!

#TeamPeterson







No comments:

Post a Comment