Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WIDEN YOUR WORLD


Did you know that there are anywhere from 6800 to 6900 known languages in the world?  The Cheerleader and I looked it up this morning at breakfast.  How about that...in our world there is a variance of 100 languages that might or might not be...BUT there are at least 6800 KNOWN languages.  How many do you encounter?  2...maybe 3 at any given time?

Have you ever been to a metropolitan city...New York; Chicago; Washington D.C.; Los Angeles; etc.?  And those are just inside the United States.  When you walk down the streets of, we'll say, New York City, it's not uncommon to hear 7-8 different languages in the distance it takes to walk a few blocks.  

When I'm in places, like the BIG cities, I'm reminded of how small my world is.  How small my thinking truly is.  The Cheerleader and I have friends who are missionaries and live in other countries.  We have some friends who have moved from the US to England to Nigeria to the "uttermost parts of the world."  They have "widened their world!"

We have helped those who are in other countries do what they feel called to do.  We even sponsor a gal, Josephine, from Uganda through a GREAT organization called WATOTO.  We've been sponsoring Josephine for a number of year.  Each year we usually get a nice, personal, update letter from her...how her life is; education; and following after the plan of God for her life.  She is always so grateful and encouraging to us. Each time we get the letter and and update photo of her (my has she grown over the years), I think, "but what have we really done...give some money each month?"  But what we HAVE done has made a HUGE impact in her life.  Don't minimize the impact your giving has and can make.

Today, the Cheerleader and I talked about doing more.  Don't get me wrong, it is GREAT to be able to give, financially, to help missionaries and those living in other countries, have the means and supplies they need.  But we....I...want to do more in these days of my BEST YEAR YET.  

So, Cheerleader, looks like we need to WIDEN OUR WORLD, and get a few more stamps in the passport!  

No comments:

Post a Comment