Sunday, February 12, 2017

INCLINE STALL



Many years ago, I learned to drive a manual transmission car.  It was a learning experience for me...and I'm sure just an "experience" for those driving with me!  The LAST place I wanted to find myself stopped was going up a street with a steep incline...really ANY incline. There's that fine line of letting out the clutch as you give it the proper amount of acceleration...usually I would let out the clutch too fast and...you got it, INCLINE STALL!

I have this great treadmill for my running.  My preference is to run outside, but I don't like running in the dark or ice or snow, etc....so I have a treadmill for these times.  Recently, I went to go for an indoor run on the treadmill and the display read back to me, "Incline Stall." No movement....nothing.  Shut down and going nowhere (I'll be having a service appointment soon!).

Have you ever found yourself "stalled out" in life?  INCLINE STALL.  Yesterday, we talked about keeping our eyes fixed in front of us.  But what happens when you "hit the wall?" What happens when everything is NOT awesome?

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Romans 12:2, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of the world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." (New Living Translation)  How can we do this?  By continually looking at the Bible and see what He says about you.  This will help to re-shape how you see yourself.

During your BEST YEAR YET, you might find yourself feeling lost...stalled...not knowing which way to turn or go.  At times like these, look to Him and you'll have that proper amount of letting go of yourself and acceleration of your purpose, His will for your life, and you'll be just fine with the "uphills" in front of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment