Friday, February 3, 2017

THE CHOICE IS YOURS


Do you know that to truly have your BEST YEAR YET, it takes 365 days to do just that?  I'm sure most of you are thinking, "Thanks for that Captain Obvious!"  Think about it:  how many times do we wish the day or the week were over?  Many times we are in such a rush to get to the the next day...the next weekend..."if I can just hold on to my vacation!"  

I was faced with these feelings today.  It's February and cold right now.  On days like this, I like to say, "it's cold, but it is one day closer to Spring."  That is a true statement, but am I just looking past this day to get to warmer weather?

WHAT ABOUT TODAY?  What can you do to maximize each day you have?

What if you were told that you would die peacefully in 14 days or 14 weeks but you didn't know which one.  What would you do in the next 14 days?  If you lived past the first 14 days, how would you live out the following 12 weeks?  Are the things that are truly important to you the only things you want to do?  Think about it and write those things down.  After you have them down, could you do any of them RIGHT NOW?  

Don't wait until your time is running out before you have that opportunity to make an impact TODAY!  My wife tells me all the time that I drive like an old man.  Honestly, I just like the journey.  Make each day count and continue on our journey, together.  We have a CHOICE to make this our BEST YEAR YET!  I'm going to....YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment