Friday, February 17, 2017

I LOVE US


See that gal over my left shoulder?  That is my CHEERLEADER!  We've been married for 30 years, 7 months and 6 days, today.  We just had our 35 Valentine's Day together (counting our first when we started dating at 17).  

I had so many pics to choose from, but I like this one.  Here are a few reasons why:

  • It not 100% in focus
    • Like our lives, we haven't always been "in focus" when it comes to doing life.  There were many times I "dropped the ball"...maybe a few times she did too.  But through it all, we always get back into focus
  • I'm hunched over
    • Not the best of posture....but hold her up.  We went through more "stuff" in the last 5 years then we had in the previous 25...at least it seemed that way.  But one thing continues to remain, we hold each other up.  WE.ARE.TEAM.PETERSON.
  • THIS.IS.US
    • I know that is the title of a popular show on t.v. right now, but the reality, in the pic, is that this is us.  
Maybe you don't have a cheerleader or your cheerleader is no longer with you...either way, make a decision today that you are going to MAKE today a wonderful day for yourself and whoever you come in contact with.

But today, on this day of my BEST YEAR YET...I'm going to go find my Cheerleader and let her know, "I LOVE US!"  


1 comment: