Tuesday, February 7, 2017

EYES FORWARD



Today is YOUR day!  

I thought I would do something different today and START the day with a BEST YEAR YET post.  I, like many of you, have a lot of FaceBook friends.  Each day as I sip on some warm lemon water (GREAT way to get the body "woke up" after being dormant over night), I check FaceBook to see who has a birthday.  I usually end my encouragement to them with some like, "MAKE today day 1 of your BEST YEAR YET!"

Did you realize that today is DAY 1 of the REST OF YOUR LIFE?  It's DAY 1 of the BEST OF YOUR LIFE....if you choose it!  Don't get me wrong, I KNOW that you'll be faced with challenges...whether they come today or days down the road...they'll come.  It's how we act or react to the challenges that will continue to help shape us.  

In the Bible, in the Gospel of Luke, the 9th chapter, 62 verse, Jesus talked about this very same idea.  His instruction/encouragement to them, as well as to us, is to not be bound or defined by what has happened "behind" you and me, but to keep our hand to the plow and eyes forward!

I don't know about you, but I can come up with a bunch of excuses, based on my past, as to why I can't move forward....or why I feel I have the "right" or justification to act a certain (negative) way.  The truth...my response is ALWAYS my responsibility!  I.HAVE.TO.OWN.IT!  
So, TODAY, I'm making a conscience effort to MAKE it a great day...my choice...which is one more day in my BEST YEAR YET!

You GET to choose how this day will be for you.  Choose to MAKE it DAY 1 of your BEST YEAR YET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment