Tuesday, February 21, 2017

LAST DAY OF MY LIFE


The Cheerleader and I were talking about life...specifically our life together and making "impacts" along the way (I know, you're probably shocked/not shocked by that statement).  There's an exercise I put my coaching clients through that helps to unlock deep held beliefs they sometimes didn't know were there.  One of the questions asked says, "If you were to die, peacefully, in 14 days or 14 weeks, and you didn't know which one...what would you do in the next 14 days?  Then, if you make it past the 14 days, what would you do for the remaining 12 weeks?"

Some don't like thinking about and answering questions like this.  It gets us into a place of vulnerability...an emotional place that is uncomfortable.  BEST YEAR YETs are not always comfortable!  We see situations in other's lives that cause us to hit the pause button and think...REALLY THINK about our lives and what does this all mean?

How would you MAXIMIZE your last day?  After I have my clients go through this, I ask, "If these last "14 day important items" in your life are truly important, WHY not do them now?"  Why should we wait to bring home a dozen roses...just because (I know the Cheerleader is reading this, so I have just put it out there....)?  Why wait to express your love, thankfulness, gratitude, etc., until it's too late?

If each morning we wake up to the possibility of "DAY 1 of the REST of our LIFE," then maximize that DAY as if it is the LAST DAY OF YOUR LIFE.  What is it that you have always wanted to do?  What job or business have you always had a desire to start?  How about that book you've talked about (maybe just to yourself) writing?  Don't wait until tomorrow to enjoy a "moment so dear."  GO.FOR.IT!  How about you just... Laugh more.  Smile more.  Cry more.  Give more.  Serve more.  JUST.BE.MORE!!

So as you are thinking about this...what is something you will do, as part of your BEST YEAR YET, to leave no regret?  Drop me line and let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment