Monday, February 13, 2017

A YEAR IN THE LIFE



"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six-hundred minutes.  Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six-hundred minutes.  How do you measure - measure a year?"  This is how the song, "Seasons of Love," begins.

Tonight, the Cheerleader reminded me that 525,600 minutes ago, we were enjoying a GREAT burger in Fort Smith, Arkansas...it was one of the "Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear."  It was the eve of my first of 4 marathons I had set out to do to have a BEST YEAR YET - 2016 Edition.  Sitting here a year later, I didn't know all the MOMENTS I would encounter.

"In daylights - in sunsets. In midnights - in cups of coffee.  In inches - in miles.  In laughter - in strife."

I had plenty of all of these.  Sometimes wondering if it was going to be okay...if I was going to be okay.  How about you?  Have you walked through some trying moments?  

I was reminded recently that there are NO THROW-AWAY DAYS.  How are we treating each day, each moment that we have?  Are we living it to the fullest to maximize our time with loved ones?  To make a lasting, positive impact on others?  Or do we just look beyond each second of every day hoping...waiting for the next BIG moment that will happen TO us and FOR us, when all the while we are letting countless moments of opportunity tick by us?

Earlier in the day I received a message from someone who told me that I had inspired them to get back in shape and run. They even went so far as to sign up for a marathon in the fall and said to me, "#BESTYEARYET."  You never know who is watching, listening and taking action.  Let your impact moment be one that is positive and productive...each second of every day.

I'll spend a future blog post or two recapping the journey...but for now.....
.....the answer to the question, "How do you measure - measure a year?"  How about LOVE?!






No comments:

Post a Comment