Wednesday, February 1, 2017

U CAN DO IT!



I have this friend who is a WORLD IMPACT LEADER!  I'm not kidding...he and his wife, for the past 22+ years have made a HUGE dent in peoples lives... ALL.OVER.THE.WORLD!  They have invested in others, who have invested in others, who have invested in others....I think you get the picture.  They have a "we can do this" faith/way of life.

So this morning I wake up (quick note:  I don't know what time zone he's in right now, I'm guessing he's in Africa, but he could just be a night owl) and I see that my friend, at 3am, sends my a "Facebook Messenger" post showing the medals of someone who recently completed the WORLD MARATHON CHALLENGE with his text, "Tim - maybe next year???.  The WORLD MARATHON CHALLENGE is 7 full Marathons (26.2 miles) in 7 Days on 7 Continents.  I know of this person that did this challenge and he's not an elite or professional runner, but really an "everyday champion" runner.  Here was our exchange (my reply is in blue):



As I point out, I run marathons but this, THIS.IS.CRAZY!  The one thing that did go through my head, "If he (the "everyday champion" runner) can do this...why not me?"  And my friend, the World Changer, says, "u can do it.....Go for it"

Later in the day, I have another runner friend who is getting ready to run a 100 Mile Race called the "Rocky Raccoon 100" to celebrate turning 55!  She posts a blog with a graphic that says, "I'm going to succeed because I'm crazy enough to think I can!"

Now, let me say, I don't know if I'll ever run a 100 mile Ultra Marathon or even the WORLD MARATHON CHALLENGE....but these 2 things today got me thinking about my VISION about my PURPOSE in my life.  I asked myself, "even though I do marathons and I think I think BIG...do I limit what I can do by my own "self limiting beliefs?"

I began to think about this and this what I came up with today to help me...and maybe help you to have your BEST YEAR YET:



  • DREAM BIG
    • for years I've told others: "Dream the BIGGEST dream you can and go after it with everything that is within you."
    • One of my BIG DREAMS is to run the 6 Abbott World Marathon Majors before I turn 60.  I have 2 done (New York City and Chicago Marathons) but still have Boston, Tokyo, Berlin and London to do.  Not sure how, but I will do this
    • I have others, but let me ask you, "What BIG DREAMS do you have?"  Like my friend said to me, "U.CAN.DO.IT!"  
  • SET GOALS
    • Let me say, setting goals is different than dreaming dreams.  The DREAM is the target....the GOAL is the "road map" to get you there.  
    • Every GOAL should start with a DREAM
    • Which leads to the next point:
  • TAKE ACTION
    • What is the controllable action plan you need to realize your BIG DREAM?
    • Once you have laid out the plan....GET GOING!
What will make your BEST YEAR YET?   I talk about running, but what you have doesn't have to be about an athletic challenge.  What do you have hidden inside of you that is screaming to be revealed to the world around you?  I give you permission to unlock and unleash your potential.  I had an instructor in college that would say, "Always shoot for the Moon, because even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!"

U CAN DO IT!  GO FOR IT and have your BEST YEAR YET!




1 comment:

  1. Your biggest dream(s) ARE achievable by the time you are 60. I. Believe.In.You. (and I happen to know WHO you are too.)

    ReplyDelete