Monday, March 27, 2017

EMBRACE THE SUCK



Have you ever heard the saying, "Running Sucks?"  Do you know where I usually see it on t-shirts?  Yep, at RUNNING RACES!  The Cheerleader even had a t-shirt from a popular athletic brand, that got it's start because of running, with that saying on it!

Some, in the running community, will say that about the treadmill or as it's affectionately called, "the DREADMILL!"  The treadmill is not my first choice when it comes to getting my miles in, but there are times when you have to "EMBRACE THE SUCK" and get on the treadmill and run!

Have you ever had to "EMBRACE THE SUCK" in life?  You know, those things that you don't want to happen, but you can't or better, shouldn't, stick your "head in the sand" and pretend it's not there.  

I have a friend, Khit Masoud, who is the epitome of the "EMBRACE WHAT LIFE HAS THROWN AT YOU!"  She is a warrior...a cancer beating warrior.  Actually, I refer to her as the #WarriorPrincess.  She has dealt with cancer on multiple occasions and all the time, she doesn't look for sympathy or pity.  We met through running and specifically the Abbott World Marathon Majors Ambassador group.  We got to meet, in person, with other "Ambassadors" at the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.  I was just coming off of cancer surgery 2 months prior, and she was dealing, yet again, with cancer.  BUT, you'd never have known it. BUBBLY and FULL OF LIFE!

How do you embrace challenges, setbacks, etc?  With your head up or head down? Remember, "your attitude determines your altitude!"
  
Khit is bottom right.  I believe she took this pic, "selfie" style!
So, to my friend Khit and all those who demonstrate what it means to "EMBRACE THE SUCK," here's to your BEST YEAR YET!  You all inspire me!

By the way, go check out Khit's Foundation, "Blessons" , website where they provide, mentorship, educational assistance and scholarships to women who have had to push the "pause" button on their Higher Education, due to different "LIFE" happenings.  Check it out, get involved and support this MORE than worthwhile organization.  


"Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone."  Khit Masoud



My 3 things I'm GRATEFUL for today:
  • Fresh Sheets on my bed
  • Friends who inspire
  • Opportunity  to travel

No comments:

Post a Comment