Sunday, March 12, 2017

60 MINUTES



60 minutes.  3,600 seconds.  1 hour. 

What ALL can you accomplish in an hour?  Get a good workout in?  Clean the house?  Mow the yard?  If you think about it, you can do quite a bit in an hour.

How many hours, in a day, do you just sit and do nothing?  Usually that entails watching TV. Don't get my wrong, as I'm writing this blog, I have the TV on, watching the last of the NCAA Conference Championships before "Selection Sunday" takes place.  Other times, we are just "unhooking" from everything.  You know what I mean.  We have this "Netflix," "Hulu," "Amazon Prime," etc....."On Demand" lifestyle where we binge watch a series...A SERIES over a weekend. 

60 minutes.  3,600 seconds.  1 hour. 

Here's what I want to propose to you....to me...TO ALL OF US TODAY:
  • Take one hour...1 HOUR...each day and do something to improve your life (outside of physical activity....let's say that is a given).  What I'm referring to is "personal development."  
Here are 3 things you can do, everyday, that will improve your life:
  • Read
  • Write
  • Think
READ:
There is SO much knowledge out there to be had.  If you don't know how to do something, read about it.  If you want to learn a new language, read about it.  Whatever your area of interest is, I GUARANTEE you...there are MULTIPLE books, articles, etc., on the subject.  Take the time, everyday and READ.  We would tell our boys, when they were young....and even tell them still to this day: READERS ARE LEADERS!  

WRITE:
Put your thoughts down "on paper."  Now, you know that you don't have to "pen and paper" it...but you could.  However you would like to capture your thoughts, EVERYDAY, do it.  Journal at the end of the day.  Journal at the beginning of the day.  Write a blog.  Start on the GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL.  Write poems; write a song; whatever your thing is....JUST WRITE.  You have "something" on the inside of you that needs to get out...whether its for others or just for you to see.  

THINK:
This is the one area of the three that is devalued, in my opinion.  We have thought for years that if I'm not active in doing something, I'm not productive.  But putting yourself into a position to THINK is productive.  Find a place where you are inspired:  Your home office; maybe it's your shower (I usually get GREAT ideas in the shower); Currently, for me, I do most of my most productive thinking "on the run."  In fact, after I get down with this...I'm heading out on a run....to THINK.

Taking the time, everyday, to develop yourself, will put you in position to have your BEST YEAR YET.  Remember, we can't just WISH it to happen, we have to be proactive and MAKE it happen!  

What will you do for an HOUR today?

No comments:

Post a Comment