Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WELL DONE



"Well done is better than well said."  Benjamin Franklin

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day.  He made reference to a conversation he had with a mutual friend.  They were talking about church and why my friend liked his church. My friend was asked, "Tell me in three words why you like it."  My friend came right back with, "It's like NIKE says, JUST DO IT!  My church doesn't just talk about reaching the lost. They don't just talk about how we should feed, cloth and help others get out of their less than fortunate circumstances.  My church is doing it....and not publicizing it when they do."

WOW!

I think it's ok to let someone know, "you are in my thoughts and prayers," but DO SOMETHING.  Put action to your intentions.

Between the political landscape in our country; weather and man made disasters; tragedy like in Vegas; to the daily Facebook posts I see of someone I know or knew years ago passing away; are just our thoughts and prayers, WITHOUT actions enough?

In the Bible, James writes, "Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works."  James 2:26 [NLT]

The two go together....FAITH (what you believe) with GOOD WORKS (corresponding actions).

Jesus said in Matthew 25:45, "I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me."

WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID.

We all need to speak the truth...BUT, back it up with your actions.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "BE the change you wish to see in the world."

It doesn't matter what side of the isle you are on.

It doesn't matter where you live.

It doesn't matter your gender or ethnicity.

IF you want to see change, don't just talk about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.  YOU be the change. 

WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID.


No comments:

Post a Comment