Saturday, October 21, 2017

HOW ABOUT THAT


HOW ABOUT THAT?

Earlier today, I, and about 350 people, ran/walked/pushed a stroller (one guy even walked his Great Dane) a Halloween themed 5K.

This was my first run since I completed THE NEBRASKA MARATHON 6 days ago.

I didn't go out to run hard....I just went out to run and have a good time.

But something happened on the way to the finish line......I placed 3rd in my age group!

When I started running 5 years ago, it became clear to me, rather quickly, that I would most likely never stand on the podium....unless there were only 3 people running.  I'm not the slowest....but I'm not one to pull some fast times...even in my age group, usually.

Today was different.  

I didn't set out to place.  I don't have my official time...I don't even have my unofficial time as I forgot to stop my watch after I got crossed the finish line....my run today was good enough to get 3rd.

Today made me realize how much I like running.  Not because I got a medal, but because of the running community that celebrated everyone that got out there today.

So, if you are looking at your life and think that having an opportunity to "hit the reset button" and go after something new is beyond what you can do because of your age....let me tell you, YOU ARE NOT DONE YET!

GO FOR IT!

Who knows, maybe in your pursuits, when you aren't expecting it, you too will get that "medal" that let's you know that you STILL GOT IT!

HOW ABOUT THAT?


1 comment: