Wednesday, October 25, 2017

DO HARD THINGS



Tonight, I was looking for inspiration.

Inspiration for today's blog mostly.

But not just for the BEST YEAR YET blog, but also for life.

I love finding and reading or seeing stories of others who go against the "odds" and take on something others say they can't. 

One such story caught my attention.  

I have a friend who is also a runner (honestly, a GREAT writer too!) that posted an inspiring video that captures, what looked like an impossibility, that her Pastor recently took on.  The short 7 minute video can be found by clicking on this link: MARATHON.

Here are a few take-a-ways that hit home with me:

  • DO HARD THINGS!
    • how many times to we reach for the "easy button" in our lives?  We don't go the extra step or look to do things with excellence in mind.
    • Set goals that are BEYOND what you think you can do.
  • PUSH YOUR LIMITS
    • Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Do one thing that scares you everyday."
    • You are capable of doing SO much more than you think!
  • DON'T GIVE UP
    • The other day I mentioned about talking to a friend who recently turned 30 and she was talking about her "what I want to accomplish before I turn 30" list.  She was disappointed that she missed one of those goals.  I mentioned to her that the only way she wouldn't hit that goal is if you just gave up.
    • If you work LONG enough, HARD enough, and SMART enough, you WILL it your goal....IF you DON'T GIVE UP!
So next time you are tempted to just hit the "easy button," remember this little blog of inspiration and DO HARD THINGS!


"....Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But with God everything is possible."
Matthew 19:26 [NLT]

No comments:

Post a Comment