Tuesday, October 3, 2017

REFLECTIONS



Today was the my first run of the "taper."

Got in a nice 4 miler after work as the sun was beginning to set.

I mentioned the other day that I LOVE the taper.

These next couple of weeks will give my body an opportunity to rest, heal of little ailments and get ready for the marathon.

I also love the time to RELECT on what the past (at this time) 16 weeks have been. 

REFLECTIONS.

I think it's good to do a look back....mostly to see how far you have come.  How far you have grown.

On today's run, I thought back to a year ago.  I was 2 months post-surgery from prostate cancer.  I was 5 days away from running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I.WAS.ALIVE!

Today, I'm 12 days away from running my 9th marathon, the NEBRASKA MARATHON.

I'm stronger today than I was a year ago, but not as strong as I was before the surgery on August 1, 2016.

But.....I.AM.ALIVE!

I plan to be even stronger next year at this time.

REFLECTIONS.

Have you grown in your BEST YEAR YET?

Have you grown in all areas of your life since this time last year?

If so, what did you do?

If not, what is ONE thing that you would like to grown in?

I want to tell you, YOU.GOT.THIS!

You are never too:

  • young
  • old
  • early
  • late
  • shy
  • outgoing
  • skinny
  • not so skinny
  • weak
  • strong
  • whatever else you might think you are......YOU.GOT.THIS!
So, here's YOUR challenge:  What is ONE thing that you want to grow in?  It is that ONE thing that when you look back on October 3, 2018, you will tell yourself THANK YOU?

Do that!  I'm here to cheer you on because YOU.GOT.THIS!




No comments:

Post a Comment