Friday, October 6, 2017

AT THE TABLE


"Feed your FAITH and starve your doubts to death."  Dr. Lester Sumrall

"Hi Tim....I have your lab results from Wednesday and it looks really good.  Your PSA is less than 0.008, which is as low as our machine goes, so that's great news.  Hope you have a great weekend."

This was the message I received earlier today.

Let's back up a bit....

If you have been following the BEST YEAR YET blog, or if you know me, you might remember that in May of 2016 I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  

I had surgery in August of 2016 to remove the cancer.  They got it all and a couple of months later, through more tests it was determined that I am cancer free.

Starting in October of 2016, and every 6 months for the next 10 years, I will go and see my doctor to have my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) checked to make sure that I remain cancer free.

Since I know that every April and October I will have this test, when it gets close to the time to do this.....my mind starts to play the "what if" game.

I'm a pretty...no..I AM A VERY positive person.  I don't necessarily have to "see" the way out to know that one exists. 

So, for the last year, at each 6 month interval, I have had to really be aware of my thoughts and thought life so that I don't start to get full of anxiety.

"casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"  
2 Corinthians 10:5 [NKJV]

Although I have had thoughts that cancer was back in my body, instead, I did as this above verse in 2 Corinthians said and took those thought captive.

After I captured them, I had to fill that space back up with something that will help me, not hurt me.

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."  Philippians 4:8 [NLT]

I have regular times that I read my Bible, but over the past month, I spent specific time AT THE TABLE, as it were, feeding my FAITH on what the Bible says about the promises of God for my life. 

I love the quote we started out with today, "Feed your faith and starve your doubts to death."

"Tim, what if it doesn't "work?"  What if the report comes back NOT in your favor?"

That is a good question.  My response is that no matter what the test outcomes are, I'm still going to FEED MY FAITH on the promises of God!

Although my test results came back favorable, I still deal with effects of the cancer, the surgery and recovery.  So it is all the more imperative that I continue to FEED MY FAITH.

What about you?  

Are there things that you are dealing with?  

Find Bible verses that speak to your need and begin to feed and think on those things.

If you don't know where to look to find them, send me a note and I'll point you in the direction of where to look.

Back to the message I received today.....there's no HOPING about it...I'm going to MAKE IT A GREAT WEEKEND!



No comments:

Post a Comment