Sunday, October 22, 2017

PIANO MAN



My car is in the shop getting diagnosed.

I have a loaner.

My loaner has satellite radio.  

The CHEERLEADER and I went out for dinner tonight and on the way home, she was checking out the stations.  

She said, "You must be BIG TIME if you have your own station!"

She dialed us into the "BILLY JOEL" station.

Song number 2 was PIANO MAN.

We listened, sang, talked about the people in the story.

"...Bill I believe this is killing me." As the smile ran away from his face. "Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star if I could get out of this place."

I had a conversation, earlier today, with someone who just turned 30.

They said that they took it pretty hard and they don't know why.

They said that it was mostly because of the "what I want to get accomplished before I turn 30" list they had.

I asked, so how many things on their list did they get accomplished?  The answer:  "all but one."

ONE!

Man, I wish my "before 30 list" would have been as accomplished as their's was.  I think I had only ONE that was accomplished:  make it to 30!

As we discussed the one that they missed, we were able to talk about dreams, goals, and not giving up.  I told them, "The great thing about goals, unless you give up, you can always hit them!"  

How many times do we put a date on something, miss it by that date, and give completely up on the goal?  I heard it said, "Giving up on your goals because of a set back is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat."

"And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say, Man what are you doin' here?"

DON'T stop pursuing your dreams and goals.  

Whatever your "PIANO MAN" situation or story is, if you experience a setback, let it set the stage for the greatest COMEBACK there is!

"Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright."


No comments:

Post a Comment