Saturday, October 14, 2017

DRESS FOR SUCCESS



Tomorrow, I take on my 9th full marathon at THE NEBRASKA MARATHON, in Omaha.

If you can't tell by the pic, that is a full bubble wrap outfit...with bubble wrapped helmet!

I think this should be my wardrobe for the rest of today and warming up tomorrow!

I don't know what it is, but when I get close to race day...race time...I become even more aware of my surroundings.

I guess it is mostly due to the one time a couple of days before my 2nd marathon, in 2014, when I was walking off of a deck and I thought I had cleared all the steps...only to find there was one more and I crashed and hurt my knee. 

From then on, I tend to be a bit....cautious, you might say!

Really?

Should I really live my life looking for the missing steps or the uneven sidewalk or anything else that will keep my head down? 

Shouldn't I, instead, keep my eyes up and witness all of the beauty around me?

I think it's something in-between.

In the Bible, 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, "For we walk by faith, and not by sight." [NKJV]

Another translation of the same Bible verse says it this way, "For we live by believing and not by seeing." [NLT]

What do you believe?  

Are you fearful that "bad" is going to happen?  Or do you look to live your life by YOUR DESIGN and not by default?

So my encouragement to all of us today is to LIVE/WALK by our FAITH/BELIEVING....but in doing that, let's also DRESS FOR SUCCESS by doing as the Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians chapter 6, and put on THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD! (Ephesians 6:10-18)

By the way...that 2nd Marathon where I hurt my knee...that is where I ran my personal best
4:25:43.

MAKE it a great BEST YEAR YET day!


No comments:

Post a Comment