Wednesday, January 24, 2018

WHO'S THE HERO?



WHO'S THE HERO?

I've been asking myself that question....a lot....lately.

Here is what Webster says:


he·ro
ˈhirō/
  1. 1.
    a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

    "a war hero"



I can get behind that!

As a charity runner for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, I and others who do this for St. Jude are referred as "ST. JUDE HEROES."

I can tell you, I am very undeserving of being called that.  

I run...not fast mind you...marathons and raise awareness and money for this GREAT organization.

I think I identify more with Webster's other definition:
  1. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    another term for submarine sandwich.


I'm not a HERO.

I'm just a man amongst HEROES.

Those of you who have donated to St. Jude and the children who show unimaginable strength through the toughest of times, are the true HEROES. 

I think that the late Christopher Reeve said it best, 
"A HERO is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming circumstances."

So, be strong and advance forward.

Don't look to be called a HERO.....just do a HEROES work!




No comments:

Post a Comment