Sunday, January 7, 2018

GOOD

As seen and experienced on my run today.  GOOD.


I was so excited waking up today.

The forecast this week was showing that it was going to be in the mid 30s today.

As the CHEERLEADER and I were driving to church I told her how excited I was to get a chance to run outside today.

Training doesn't stop just because the temps drop below zero!

I have been running a lot inside the past few weeks, but today....TODAY I was getting the chance to get out side.

I had an 11 mile run on my schedule.

By the time I got out, it was 2pm.

My enthusiasm went down fast and stayed down for almost the whole run.

As I was running I started to think about a leadership podcast excerpt that I listed to recently from Jocko Willink called GOOD (stop, right now, click the link, and watch it now).

As I was going through my list of issues, all I heard was...GOOD!

  • When I was less than a mile in and I was having a difficult time controlling my breathing....GOOD - focus on breathing in through my nose, out through my mouth
  • When at mile 3 and I was having a familiar discomfort in my right hip flexor...GOOD - I need to work on stretching, rolling and strengthen up those muscles
  • When I ran into snow covered paths throughout the run....GOOD - I have NO idea what the conditions will be on Marathon day, but I'll be ready for it
  • When at mile 5, I started to have the same feeling on the left side.....GOOD - see previous bullet point for next step action
  • Heavy legs...GOOD - fight through it
  • Got a bit cold after sweating and got hit by a breeze.....GOOD - keep running and you'll get done quicker
There are so many things, mentally and physically, if we let it, they will keep us down.

When you are faced with adversity, just say, GOOD!

Look at all those situations as opportunities to get BETTER.

Don't point the finger at people; obstacles; adversity; or anything that will try to take you off task.

Take FULL OWNERSHIP of it and LEARN from each situation.


GET BETTER AND GO AFTER IT!


GOOD.





No comments:

Post a Comment