Saturday, January 20, 2018

WHAT IF



Have you ever played the "WHAT IF" game?

I'm sure you've at least considered it.

In the "WHAT IF" game, you come up with different scenarios about almost anything in life.

  • WHAT IF I didn't shave for a year?
  • WHAT IF I didn't use shampoo for a month? (this one doesn't pertain to me!)
  • WHAT IF I got serious about my degree?
  • WHAT IF I DID lose those 10 pounds?
  • WHAT IF....WHAT IF....WHAT IF.....
As you can see, you can play this game in your mind forever.

But, WHAT IF you did something really radical?

WHAT IF you put action to it and did some little experiments on your WHAT IFs?

I think my "don't shave for a year" might be a bit radical...but hey, it's your WHAT IF!

Here are a few rules:
  1. WHAT IFs are all experiments.  They are fun.  Nothing about the outcome is a very big deal.  It's fun to play.
  2. This is your WHAT IFs, and it really doesn't matter what other people think about your experiments you are running.
  3.  If you don't like the outcomes after a few trial runs, adjust or move on.  I would suggest keeping your WHAT IFs to a maximum of 90 days...but stick with it!
  4. REMEMBER, if you play this game truthfully, what ever the outcome is, success or failure...YOU STILL WIN because you learned something new about your life.
So take some time and identify something that is causing your pain (health; weight; relationship; etc) or discomfort (anger; being critical of others; etc) or something else, and ask yourself, "WHAT IF I did ___________.  How would my life be different?"

Next, put a plan together that you can control for your experiment and START!

If you think about it, this BEST YEAR YET blog was really a "WHAT IF" experiment.  On January 28, 2017, I started this and committed to myself to write here, everyday, for one full year.  Next Saturday, January 27, 2018 will be number 365 in a row.  

WHAT IF I wouldn't have started?  That's a WHAT IF I don't want to think about!

So, be bold and have at it!

Let's make 2018 your BEST YEAR YET!


No comments:

Post a Comment