Monday, August 3, 2015

WEEK 4 & 5 NYC Marathon Training - Summer Daze!

WOW!!  What a CRAZY past 2 weeks.  When one sets out to have their "Best Year Yet," you might not stop the think about, ahead of time, disruptors to your plan.  In Week's 4 & 5 of my training, I had one such "disruptor" and another just pre-planned activity that was in the mix.


My plan has me rest on Mondays and Fridays and then run Tues-Wed-Thurs-Sat with Sunday being a cross training day.  Week 4 started out as a usual week.  Tuesday, July 21st, I did my training run after work.  That same day, my wife wasn't feeling well, so she came home from work that day and headed straight to bed.  After my run I checked on her and still no sign of relief.  At 3:30 on Wednesday morning, she woke me up to take her to the hospital.  Acute appendicitis was the diagnosis.....appendectomy was the plan!  It was a rough week for her but she turned the corner and is now doing great.  I missed my Wednesday run, but finished out the week. 

Week 5 training went as planned and finished off the running with a good paced 10 miler on Saturday Aug. 1st.  This weekend was also my wife's parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.  So it was a busy, yet great way to cap off the past couple of weeks.

So, what does all this have to do with being my BEST YEAR YET and training for the NYC Marathon?  Plenty!  Whether you are training for a marathon, doing a "plank" challenge or whatever, we are all going to be faced with "disruptors."  It's our response during these times that will determine the desired outcome we have to our plans/goals.  Control what you can control....remember, "My response is MY responsibility!"

So as you set out on your own BEST YEAR YET journey, remember, you are an overcomer and you can overcome!

Keep running to your BEST YEAR YET!!


UPDATE:
With the upcoming TCS NYC Marathon, I am running for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a St. Jude Hero.  My fundraising goal is $3,500 and to date, I have 68% of that goal reached, $2,410 with 90 days until the race.  Please consider supporting my efforts and St. Jude's by going to http://heroes.stjude.org/timpeterson.  Any amount is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment