Sunday, August 9, 2015

WEEK 6 Training: 42 days down....84 to GO!



12 weeks.  84 days.  As of today, I am 1/3 the way done with my marathon training with 12 weeks to go.  Funny how these past 6 weeks of training just flew by.  If that is any indication, I'll be prepping for my follow-up blog to the TCS NYC Marathon!

As I reflect back over this "1st Period" (a little hockey reference there..go Wings!), it's been a good/productive 6 weeks.  I have covered 100 miles (missed one 4 mile run while my wife was in the hospital during week 4) and feel good about the training.  I had a chance to train in the cool temps of Michigan in Week 1 and the heat and humidity of my beloved Nebraska since then!  

The miles in these next 6 weeks section will really start to build up and although it is still hot and humid, I'm ready for them.  Each day it get closer to Nov. 1st, the more and more I think about the race; what will it be like?  What is my strategy; run for a PR or run like a tourist and take it all in?  I see/read on some of the NYC Marathon pages I follow that there are many like me, who this is their first NYC and are looking for information and although I have so many questions, I want this to be an experience like nothing else I have experienced so that this truly will be a "Race Like No Other."

However I choose to run, one this is certain, in 84 days, I'll be lining up with 50,000 others to take on the streets of New York through the 5 Boroughs.

Keep your focus as you pursue your goals/dreams.  As Ben Franklin said, "Well done is better than well said."  Don't just talk about it...DO something about it!

Keep running!

UPDATE:  Running as a St. Jude Hero for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, for this my 2nd time, is a great joy for me.  To date, many have helped to contribute to this great cause through my efforts as a St. Jude Hero.  I have a goal to raise $3500 and currently we sit at $2410...that is 68% of the goal raised!  Thank you to all who have made this possible.  If 22 people can give $50, we'll surpass the goal.  If $50 is too much, ANY amount is great and goes to a fantastic cause.  To help support my efforts, go to http://heroes.stjude.org/timpeterson  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment