Tuesday, August 25, 2015

WEEK 8 - RED & YELLOW, BLACK & WHITE....


This past weekend I took my son Caleb on a belated college graduation trip...2 years belated.  It never seemed as if our schedules lined up:   I had just started a new job in March of 2013 and he started shortly after graduation.  Don't really know where 2014 went...but now we are here, 2015 in New York City!  

Since we are 8 weeks into the 18 week training schedule, the long run miles are getting bigger and from my past 2 full marathons, I know how important it is to not miss the long mile trainings.  So I said to Caleb that I had 13.1 to run while in NYC and want to see if he would run with me?  He didn't hesitate (I'm sure during and after he was questioning his logic) and on Saturday, off we went.  We started down 42nd Street West toward the Hudson River.  We ran on a nice path up to 68th and then over on 70th to Central Park.  After making a loop and a bit more around CP, we headed down 5th Ave until we reached the 13.1 mark!  The picture above is from Central Park and the Bethesda Terrace and Fountain that was placed there in Central Park in 1864.

There were many people out early on Saturday morning (we started our run at 7:30) whether we were running the sidewalks of the city or in Central Park.  One thing that I took note of was ALL the different types of people we came across:  young, seasoned, tall, short, men, women, thin, not so thin, etc.  All shades of color and many different languages could be heard.  It made me think (I had this thought another time I was in NYC); this must be what Heaven is like.  Galatians 3:28 says it best, "There is neither Jew nor Greek; slave nor free......for you are all one in Christ Jesus!"  Whether we are from New York or Nebraska; the United States or Sweden.....wherever we are, whoever we are, we are all "...precious in His sight!"

Smile at everyone...give a kind word too!

Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment