Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WEEK 3 Training - Challenge the COMFORT ZONE!

With this past weekend's Cross Training, week 3 of my 18 week marathon training concluded.

I like the Cross Training days.  It gets me out of the routine of just running and on to something else that challenges me.  This week I did a crazy at home workout from a company called Beachbody (they have P90X; Insanity; Focus T-25; etc).  This one is called "21 Day Fix" and yesterday's offering was UPPER FIX.  I told my wife that I would work out with her on Sunday's as part of my Cross Training, so this is program she is doing.  MAN....it kicked my butt.  I "feel it" today and boy did it get me out of my "comfort zone!"  With my running, I don't get much upper body work in, mostly focusing on my running and some core exercises...for obvious reasons.

I look back over the past 3 years since I started running and all the "firsts" that I encountered that stretched me:
     - first 5k
     - first 10k
     - first Half Marathon
     - first Full Marathon
Each one of these had different challenges.  Mostly they had to do with the unknowns of "can I really run this far?"  "why does my calf hurt?" "am I really this crazy?"

Every time I challenge my comfort zone, I grow.  A long time ago, I heard this saying, "live like a rubber band:  a rubber band is not at its greatest potential until it's been stretched!"

So as I enter into week 4 of the#tcsnycmarathon training, I want to challenge you to get out and be active.  Live the life of the rubberband this week!

Run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment