Saturday, July 4, 2015

WEEK 1...INTHE BOOKS

Today I ran 6 miles to end my first week of an 18 week training schedule for the NYC Marathon.  What amazes me is that 3 years ago, a friend challenged me to run a 5k for a local ministry.  At the time, I had never run 3 miles, at one time, and didn't know if I would be able to due to a knee injury I had in 2008 that resulted in surgery to remove 75% of the meniscus in my right knee.  I took his challenge, ran the 5k, and ran a 10k a month later.  I didn't know if I could run 6 miles, but that 10k started it all....

Since then I have ran hundreds of miles to train for multiple half marathons and 2 full marathons to date.  As I conclued this first week of training, I want to encourage everyone that if you really want something, you can do it!  Here a good plan:
  • Have a desired goal
  • Get a plan that YOU control the actions 
  • START!
There are great FREE running plans you can search for on the internet:
  • www.halhigdon.com
  • www.runningforbeginners.com
Start off with a "couch to 5k" and get going!   A friend of mine once said, "you can have results or you can have excuses...the choice is yours!"  

Get out and get your "WEEK 1" in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment