Sunday, July 12, 2015

WEEK 2 Training - Roller Coaster!



What a week!  We spent some time in Michigan and I took advantage of the new/different surroundings to get my mid-week training miles in.  

Although it is July, the weather in Western Michigan was relatively cool.  My Week 2 Mid-Week miles consisted of Tues-Wed-Thurs of 3 miles each day.  Tuesday was rainy; Wed and Thurs were cool...high 50's...GREAT weather to run...then...

Back in Nebraska, I got out on Saturday to get 7 miles in...in the humidity.  I took off around 8 am and struggled after the 3 mile mark.  My body reflected it....my time reflected it.  

I experienced the "highs" of great weather, good times and the "lows" of hot weather, not so good times.  It reminded me of the story in 1 Kings 18 and a great victory that the prophet Elijah was a part of (1 Kings 18:20-46).  After this great "victory," Elijah got word that one person, Jezebel, was going to take Elijah out....and Elijah fled for his life.  In a short time span, Elijah experienced a "roller coaster" of highs and lows in his life.  

So, what's next?  Week 3!  This is a journey....it's a marathon, not a sprint.  Maybe it's better preparation (time to run; fuel; hydration; etc), whatever it is, it is something that is behind me now and can be viewed as a learning experience for the upcoming week.  

Hands to the plow and eyes forward!  Happy running this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment