Wednesday, January 1, 2020

STILL STANDING


Welcome to 2020!

I got up this morning and after grabbing a cup of coffee, I opened up Facebook and right at the top was the "ON THIS DAY" post.

The beginning of each year, we have a 365 page book (this year, we have a bonus day or 366 days) with blank pages to write our story for this year.

When January 1, 2016 happened, we had NO idea what we were in for beginning that day in 2016.  

To say the last 4 years have been challenging, would be an understatement.  

I had just come off of my first BEST YEAR YET.  I ran the 2015 New York City Marathon just 2 months earlier.  I turned 50 shortly after the marathon.  And now, on January 1, 2016, I decided I would run 4 full marathons and I was ready to take it on!

I did run those 4 marathons in 2016, but I was also diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and had surgery to remove the cancer (which was successful).

Over the next couple of years, we experienced much Joy and equal amounts or more of pain.  

Relationships started.  Relationships ended.

New jobs.  Loss of jobs.

New family members born.  Some family members passed away.

Through it all, the CHEERLEADER’S words, "We are just going to be us." held true.

My armor took many shots....took on many arrows from the enemy.  

But...here we are, January 1, 2020 and STILL STANDING.

Still making a difference.

Still making an impact on others.

Here's to this new year.  Here's to making a decision to have your BEST YEAR YET.

Here's to STILL STANDING!



No comments:

Post a Comment