Saturday, January 4, 2020

NOT IN A DAY




Welcome to Day 4 of 2020.

How are those "resolutions" coming along?

For some, they are still full steam ahead.  For others, they feel they have already blown it.

For those of the latter, you didn't get where you are in a day, so what makes you think you can reverse it in a day?

HABITS (good or bad) are developed DAILY.....NOT in a day! (for our discussion, we'll stick with good habits)

Your life today is essentially the sum of your HABITS.

Do you like how things are going today?

THEY say (whoever "they" are) that it takes at least 21 days to develop a habit. I'm no scientist or expert on HABITS, but I think it even takes more.

What I have learned about HABITS, in my own life is a 4 step process:

  • DECIDE
    • The first thing is that you have to make a decision of the change you want to make.  I have written about a time in my life, almost 11 years ago, where I made a decision that I wasn't going to die in my 50's by something I could control.  I made a decision to lose weight and get healthy.  Recently, I have had to remind myself of that promise and make some "course corrections."
  • DISCIPLINE
    • Giving up, whenever, is NOT the answer.  DISCIPLINE says "I'm all in!"
    • If it hurts - GOOD
    • If you're tired - GOOD
    • If it's cold outside - GOOD
    • If it's too hot - GOOD
    • You can have results or excuses, just not both.  And DISCIPLINE counters the excuses
  • HABIT
    • You do the activity...the plan...long enough, it becomes a HABIT for you.  
    • If you miss a day does that mean you have to go all the way back to START?  No, it just means you missed a day.  DON'T make that a HABIT!
  • LIFESTYLE
    • Doing your HABITS long enough will become your LIFESTYLE.  Choose what type of LIFESTYLE you want!
So, just because here on DAY 4, you ate a donut instead of a healthy choice for breakfast, don't throw in the towel on what you want to accomplish.

MAKE A DECISION
BE DISCIPLINED TO YOUR PLAN
BE CONSISTENT, EVERYDAY
ENJOY THE RESULTS FOR LIFE

2020 will be your BEST YEAR YET....if YOU want it to.  YOUR choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment