Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Are We There Yet? Day 3



"Are we there yet?"  I'm sure growing up I said this countless times to my parents.  I know my 3 sons (hey, that's a catchy title....#justsayin) said it countless times to their mother and me.  I honestly don't want to rush through the 365 days that will make up THE BEST YEAR YET.....but we have a tendency to always look ahead. You know the drill: 51 days until 2015; as of this writing, there are 43 days and 5 hours until Christmas; Thanksgiving is 2 weeks from Thursday; and the list goes on and on.  

What if you were told that you would die peacefully in 14 days or 14 weeks but you didn't know which one.  What would you do in the next 14 days?  If you lived past that, how would you live out the following 12 weeks?  Do the things that are truly important to you become the only things you want to do?  Think about it and write those things down.  After you have then down, could you do any of them RIGHT NOW?  Don't wait until your time is running out before you have that opportunity to make an impact today!  My wife tells me I drive like an old man.  Honestly, I just like the journey.  Make each day count...you know, YOU have a CHOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment