Sunday, June 3, 2018

THE CLUB



The CLUB.

Not a CLUB any of us think about joining before we are diagnosed, but VERY grateful to be a SURVIVOR in the SURVIVOR'S CLUB.

Not everyone who get's the diagnosis makes it to the CLUB.

Some in the CLUB wonder "WHY ME?  How did I make it and many others didn't?"

Today, I'm thankful to be counted with all those who get a chance to celebrate NATIONAL CANCER SURVIVORS DAY.

Actually, I want to do more with my life than just SURVIVE.  Don't get me wrong, SURVIVING is the beginning.  THRIVING in my SURVIVAL, or THRIVIVING, is what I want my life to demonstrate.

This day is about letting all those battling right now and those who have gone through, know there is LIFE...productive LIFE after cancer.

I have said it here, having a BEST YEAR YET is all about choices....choices that we each face, moment by moment AND our response to those choices.

I can choose to have a pity party....or I.CAN.CHOOSE.TO.LIVE!

I CHOOSE TO LIVE!

Whether you have or had cancer or not, you have a choice to LIVE as well.  There are many...MANY who let their choices and other circumstances of life keep them out of LIFE. Don't let that be you.

If you are in the CLUB today, congratulations.  LIVE LIFE LOUD!

If you aren't in the CLUB and battling right now (whether with cancer, any other disease or just the circumstances of life)....LIVE LIFE LOUD!

Here are 3 THINGS you can do, right now, to LIVE LIFE LOUD:

  • SMILE MORE!
    • Did you know that it takes less muscle to smile than it does to frown?
      • (I don't know if that is true, but it sounds good!)
  • LAUGH MORE!
    • You might say, "Tim, I don't know if I have anything to laugh about?"  I get it.  I've been there.  Here's a suggestion, find a "stupid funny" movie or TV show and watch it over and over and just LAUGH!  
  • GIVE MORE!
    • Your time
    • Your talents
    • Your resources
    • JUST GIVE!
Here's to LIFE and LIVING LOUD in this BEST YEAR YET!


FINAL THOUGHT:
You have heard me talk about the importance of my Annual Physical with my doctor and how being consistent with it, every year, helped to catch the cancer in my body early.  PLEASE, PLEASE go see your doctor, everyone reading this, guys and gals.  You and your family will be grateful!

Also, as I mentioned, today, June 3, 2018, is National Cancer Survivors Day, which is just one day to celebrate the whole month of June as June is National Cancer Survivors Month! If you know someone who is in the CLUB, let them know you are thinking of them and thankful they are still here to LIVE LOUD with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment