Tuesday, April 3, 2018

6 MONTH CYCLE


cy·cle
ˈsīk(ə)l/
  1. a series of events that are regularly repeated in the same order.



So I find myself marking time by a 6 month cycle.  Hitting repeat every 6 months.

October to April.

April to October.

Every October and April, I get a reminder in the mail that it's time for me to go see my urologist.

In May of 2016 I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and on August 1, 2016, I had a prostatectomy to remove my prostate and ALL the cancer that was there. 

Beginning in October of 2016 and for the next 10 years, I am on the 6 MONTH CYCLE!

Here's my struggle:  
When I had the surgery, my doctor said he got it all.  
The first test following surgery, in October of 2016 (and subsequent visits/tests)  showed no cancer.
But about 2 days before my next visit, my mind gets attacked with thoughts of cancer.  My body starts to have "pain" in different areas that play tricks on me (for the record, I train for marathons almost year around, so those "pains" I'm feeling are usually due to my marathon training).

So why do I let my mind wander to a place I don't want to go?

I have found, it is so important to not listen to all the "noise" that it out there.  And usually, that "noise" is cranked up to 10 inside of your head.

Worry...anxiety....fret....all of these type of emotions do not help you....in fact, they can cause other types of negative health related issues.

Here's how I get through it:
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT]

I exchange fear, worry, anxiety, etc., for HIS PEACE ("Then you will experience God's peace...).  

I would rather have HIS PEACE, which is GREATER than anything!

By the way...my next appointment is tomorrow, April 4th.  Time to continue the exchange process!





No comments:

Post a Comment